James and John Desire Importance In Jesus’ Kingdom
- Three times Jesus tells the Apostles about what awaits him in Jerusalem. Thus revealing to them the importance of his passion, death and resurrection for the Salvation of humankind.
- But the apostles seem to fail to understand this and see prestige and importance for themselves.
- Christian Discipleship means to be imitators of Christ, leading a life of humility and service.
- Christian life is a giving of self to others through service, and not a life of selfishness which seeks prominence, privilege and power. Self-seeking has origin in fear and insecurity, and holds the person back from being who he is.
- There is no crown of glory without the crown of thorns.
TAGS 26/May/2021ChristianJames and John Desire Importance in Jesus’ KingdomMark 10:32-45MeditationPrayer