Reflection on the Gospel of the Tuesday
We all know what are attitudes, they are how we decide to think and be. Jesus interestingly set eight such attitudes, that one needs to cultivate in order to merit friendship with God and become part of His kingdom.
- Blessed are the poor in spirit: Happy will be the person who places others before himself, For such have chosen the way God, and therefore are in the Kingdom of God.
- Blessed are those who mourn: Happy are those who always desire the kingdom of God, even if they have to pay the cost, no matter what. Their desire will be rewarded, with becoming a reality.
- Blessed are the meek: No not the proud, they are not eligible for God’s Kingdom, for they have chosen the path of destruction. Meekness and humility, pulls in God into your life, because you are ready to listen.
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness: For their desire for justice peace and equality will be rewarded, for they shall see the establishment of the Kingdom of God, around themselves.
- Blessed are the merciful: Mercy is the trait of God, and in them deciding to be merciful, God will not be able to deny them, anything.
- Blessed are the pure in heart: For those who seek to live a life in relationship with God become like Mary, Temples of God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers: Who is Peace? Simple and correct answer – Jesus. And if we be like Jesus in taking him to everyone, aren’t we God’s Children.
- Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness: being a Christian is not easy, but those who trust God, come to know God, and forge a great relationship with Him, Look at all the saint we are celebrating today. But do not forget yourself, even you are a saint in the making. If you doubt this, the doubt will corrupt you. You will become the opposite of all these attitudes.
CATEGORIES Daily Reflection
TAGS 01 November 2022Bible CellChristianGospel ReadingIndiaMatthew 5:1-12aMeditationMumbaiOur Lady of Salvation ChurchPrayerReflectionThe Beatitudes